Enjoy Olympics fun and games with
an inspirational tone on the Bloggernacle Back Bench. Check out these
medal-worthy entries:Inspirational Moments!Believe in
yourself. Set high goals. Learn
"Michael Phelps: setting and achieving goals." Be sure to check out the awesome
sand sculpture by this author. Honoring some of the great Olympic
moment thus far at the Bejing Games including the achievements of "Michael Phelps."Fun & Games!I laughed at the running
love/hate commentary on this blog including "LOVE: The spirit of the games
HATE: Did I mention how annoying I find the commentators?" Read why "It's all La Yen's
fault." Watch video of Michael Phelps in this "Olympic WOW!" Do you know what type of music Michael Phelps listened
to as he prepped to race? Find out at
"Michael Phelps Getting Bad Rap."Olympics-holic? Then you'll appreciate
this admission: "Hi, my name is Dan and I'm addicted to the Olympics (Hi Dan!)." Includes
pictures and candid commentary on fun-sounding Chinese names. Think that
running an Olympic
Marathon would be tiring? Try watching one Complain and then rejoice
Writing Mom on artistry, customs, and more! And finally, read the
running comments on the problem of "Getting an eyeful at the Olympics."And if you missed my highlighting
these Mormon athletes' blogs, click over to read more about their Olympic
experiences:Jake Gibb, BEACH
VOLLEYBALL Melanie Roach,
McAdams, TRACK AND FIELDLindsey
Steiner Bennett, TRACK AND FIELDTairia Flowers,
SOFTBALL And now for some of the other winning posts from the
Bloggernacle:Power Pick — "This is not you. You are not bad and you
do love your child, despite what your brain is telling you." These words and the
other quotes littered throughout this beautiful post are so needed by those who
suffer from "Postpartum Depression or I still have a hard time talking about it." Read this
marvelous post that explores the postpartum depression stereotype.
Wow!New Blog — Prepare to engage in some Mormon
Thinking. Beginning just on July 25, this new blog is authored by a Peace Corps
volunteer currently stationed in a large city in Romania. And guess how many
members of the church live in the 200,000+ population. Two. The author and his
wife. "We travel about an hour each way on Sundays to get to our small branch,
located in the nearest big city. With that context, there are many reasons why I
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 99
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 33
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 16