REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 64
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 16
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- 5 unusual places of worship 5