REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and Covenants...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 20
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 18
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 14