REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Mormon couple celebrates 81st wedding...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 40
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 35
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance... 14
- For his brothers: American Fork family... 11