REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- 'Turbulent and incredibly productive': New...
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 96
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 25
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a... 10
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 8
- A 4-part definition for evangelical... 6
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 4
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- New Harmony: A word for teens teetering... 3