REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- 'Did great-grandpa know Joseph Smith?' New...
- Video of world's largest live Nativity...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out of...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 47
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 30
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert... 10
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- LDS young man makes lasting impression... 7
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 5
- Two LDS temples will be closing for... 4
- Elder Ballard shares gentle counsel on... 4