REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- Why pray? Different faiths are united over...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- Mormon man's rap album hits No. 1 spot on...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 91
- ... 36
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about... 19
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents... 14
- Why pray? Different faiths are united... 14
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 14
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With... 10
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 10