REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- LDS missionary surprises mom with homecoming...
- Discovery of chiasmus in Book of Mormon...
- 15 lesser-known but important events in LDS...
- BYU Education Week 2015: 'Was that Revelation...
- Here's a crazy idea: Alex Boye and 'The Book...
- Trio of BYU professors team up to write book...
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding...
- LDS addiction recovery video: David's story...
- ... 66
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding... 60
- Discovery of chiasmus in Book of Mormon... 48
- Defending the Faith: 'He became man... 26
- Obama bristles at anti-Semitism charges... 17
- LDS addiction recovery video: David's... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- LDS missionary surprises mom with... 10