REXBURG, Idaho — The LDS Church has issued a statement
regarding the church's stance on Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell's "elders
Kim Farah, spokeswomen for the LDS church, issued this
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is
politically neutral and does not endorse or promote any candidate, party or
platform. Accordingly, we hope that the campaign practices of political
candidates would not suggest that their candidacy is supported by or connected
to the church.
"The so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' is based on
accounts that have not been substantiated by historical research and is not
embraced as Church doctrine."
The White Horse Prophecy was allegedly given by LDS church founder
Joseph Smith. According to accounts, Smith states that "the U.S.
Constitution will hang by a thread" and that the elders of the LDS church
will step up and save it.
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches that...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Defending the Faith: But what of those who...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 26
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 17
- The IRS agrees to investigate churches... 17
- Defending the Faith: But what of those... 16
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 9
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS... 7
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6