VANCOUVER, British Columbia — American Chris Fogt and Canadian David Bissett will be the final two Mormon athletes to compete in the 2010 Winter Olympics during four-man bobsled runs Friday and Saturday.Fogt is brakeman on the United States' No. 2 sled. He attended American Fork High School, was a track star at Utah Valley University and served an LDS mission in the Philippines. The USA-2 sled, with driver John Napier, is among the highest ranked, so the team has a good chance to medal.Bissett, a former University of Alberta running back, is in his second Games. He'll be on one of Canada's two four-man bobsled teams.Four-man competition is scheduled for 2 p.m. and 3:35 p.m. (Mountain time) Friday and Saturday. Total time from all four runs determines winning sleds.In the 2006 Olympics, Bissett slid in both two- and four-man races, but for this year was only slated for the four-man field.However, Sunday he replaced the injured brakeman in Canada's No. 1 two-man sled. Saturday night that sled crossed the finish line upside down in the second heat; brakeman Lascelles Brown was not seriously hurt but did not slide in the third and fourth runs Sunday. With Bissett taking Brown's place, the two-man team rose from 21st place to 15th place over the final two runs.One other LDS bobsledder, former BYU soccer star Shauna Rohbock, is still in the running for a medal as of Tuesday night. She won a silver medal during the 2006 Olympics.The most prominent member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints competing in the Olympics this year is Torah Bright, an Australian who took first place in women's snowboard halfpipe.Other Mormon Olympians:
- Noelle Pikus-Pace of Eagle Mountain, Utah, was one-tenth of a second short of a medal, taking fourth in women's skeleton.
- Christian Niccum, Woodinville, Wash., finished in sixth place in men's doubles luge.
- Steven Nyman, Sundance, Utah, finished 20th in the men's alpine downhill ski race.
- Erik Fisher of Middleton, Idaho, was one of five members of the U.S. alpine ski team but was not among the four who raced.
What You May Have Missed
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for judging...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 68
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 40
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14