ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- LDS university president receives national...
- Athletes, artists and LDS apostles: 46...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 90
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 65
- Why I make my kids go to church 39
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- LDS missionaries distribute 2,400... 19
- LDS university president receives... 16
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 10