ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- RootsTech presenter shares tips for using...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Religious freedom essential for free,...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 39
- Taylor Halverson: Finding the first use... 20
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 16
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 13
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8