ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- Discovery of chiasmus in Book of Mormon...
- LDS addiction recovery video: David's story...
- Overcoming drugs, alcohol, pornography:...
- Newly announced 'Saturday's Warrior' cast to...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- The Ashley Madison hack points a theologian...
- Are U.S. Catholics misinterpreting the pope's...
- ... 58
- Discovery of chiasmus in Book of Mormon... 37
- Obama bristles at anti-Semitism charges... 17
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- LDS addiction recovery video: David's... 11
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos... 9
- 14 things you’ll find in Donald... 7
- Overcoming drugs, alcohol, pornography:... 6