ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Elder Oaks speaks at Johns Hopkins: Religious...
- Larry King interviews Lindsey Stirling about...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Taylor Halverson: Finding the first use of...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The most important words...
- Taylor Halverson: Finding the first use... 17
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 9
- Hamblin & Peterson: Buddhism and violence 8
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Women hired by LDS Church History... 5
- LDS Church donates additional $5... 5