ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- LDS Church announces publication of the...
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God told me...
- LDS mom qualifies for U.S. Olympic Marathon...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- The best Christian workplaces in 2015
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 29
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 28
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God... 25
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 8
- Two Sudanese pastors could face the... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: My latest minuet... 5
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 4