ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Good friends are...
- LDS leader describes writing Elder Neal A....
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 98
- Ask Angela: LDS women have unrealistic... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 40
- When Satan steals your motherhood 39
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to... 32
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24