ROUND ROCK, Texas — Matt Lindstrom is all about saves.
The newest reliever for the Houston Astros pitched for the Florida
Marlins for the past three seasons and joined the Astros, his third
team, over the winter. The 6-foot-4-inch right-hander — who threw for
a college that doesn't go by the same name any more, or still have a
baseball program — brings a fastball that's been clocked as high as
102 mph, along with a nasty slider.
Yes, Lindstrom is all about saves.
On the baseball diamond, too.
He wants to earn the closer's role for the Astros at spring
training, but he's just as interested in saving souls for the Mormon
church and has been since he went on a two-year mission to Sweden at
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Observers uncertain about the impact of...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 72
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 64
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 47
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 40
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 17