Jeremy Cowart, Universal Music Group
Recently I was doing a photo shoot for a new fireside album I have coming out for Deseret Book titled “Who is Your Idol?”
During the shoot, the photographer, Bry Cox, had some soft music playing in the background.
“If there’s any particular band you like, just let me know,” he said.
After getting home, I kept thinking about how much music can affect mood and attitude, and that music has become a necessity for many professionals in the entertainment business for photo shoots, hair and make-up rooms, dinner parties, marathon events, and so much more.
Music often sets the tone for the event.
Of every new band I’ve heard within the past couple of years, Parachute has got to be one of my favorites.
Sometimes on long family drives I’ll pop in some of my favorite old high school CDs that bring back sweet memories for me such as Dashboard Confessional or Yellow Card.
Parachute is reminiscent of these, yet without the whiny, California-surfer-dude “accent” that some rock lead singers strangely acquire while singing (which drives my husband bonkers).
Parachute's songwriting seems to target the typical heartbroken, love-struck teen, and yet has a maturity that appeals to people of all ages.
One of Parachute’s most popular songs is “She is Love,” which is a gorgeous tune about a woman who means everything to a man. While the radio version was catchy and sweet, I don’t think it holds a candle to its bonus track version, which is acoustic and has so much more feeling and emotion behind it that listeners can almost picture the girl lead vocalist Will Anderson is singing about.
I have yet to hear a Parachute song that I’m not crazy about.
The band has a very modern rock-indie sound that doesn’t quite put it in the cookie-cutter teen pop genre, yet isn’t so unfamiliar that mainstream won’t relate to it.
Parachute's music has a great vibe for photo shoots, or is an easy, fun listen for wanting to kick back and take a drive. Its music is as unique and fresh as its name, and that’s what I love about Parachute.
Carmen Rasmusen Herbert is a former “American Idol” contestant and writes about entertainment for the Deseret News.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- First trailer for 'Night at the Museum:...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest... 1