Red Roundup: Utah Utes football's Norm Chow gets hefty buyout from UCLA
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow will receive a $500,000 buyout from UCLA this season. The Los Angeles Times confirmed the amount through information obtained through a public records request.
The amount is in addition to a two-year, $550,000 deal he signed with the Utes after officially leaving the Bruins in January.
It should make the Nov. 12 game between Utah and UCLA at Rice-Eccles Stadium a little more intriguing.
— Utah running back Thretton Palamo isn't going to be a center of attention with the USA National Team in rugby.
— The Orange County Register debates its recent Pac-12 football coaches rankings.
— Ex-Ute Alex Smith continues to be in the news in San Francisco.
— Former Utah coach Jim Boylen is "not quite locked up yet" to be an Indiana Pacers assistant.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 67
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 55
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39