Red Roundup: Utah Utes football's Norm Chow gets hefty buyout from UCLA
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow will receive a $500,000 buyout from UCLA this season. The Los Angeles Times confirmed the amount through information obtained through a public records request.
The amount is in addition to a two-year, $550,000 deal he signed with the Utes after officially leaving the Bruins in January.
It should make the Nov. 12 game between Utah and UCLA at Rice-Eccles Stadium a little more intriguing.
— Utah running back Thretton Palamo isn't going to be a center of attention with the USA National Team in rugby.
— The Orange County Register debates its recent Pac-12 football coaches rankings.
— Ex-Ute Alex Smith continues to be in the news in San Francisco.
— Former Utah coach Jim Boylen is "not quite locked up yet" to be an Indiana Pacers assistant.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22