Red Roundup: Utah Utes football's Norm Chow gets hefty buyout from UCLA
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow will receive a $500,000 buyout from UCLA this season. The Los Angeles Times confirmed the amount through information obtained through a public records request.
The amount is in addition to a two-year, $550,000 deal he signed with the Utes after officially leaving the Bruins in January.
It should make the Nov. 12 game between Utah and UCLA at Rice-Eccles Stadium a little more intriguing.
— Utah running back Thretton Palamo isn't going to be a center of attention with the USA National Team in rugby.
— The Orange County Register debates its recent Pac-12 football coaches rankings.
— Ex-Ute Alex Smith continues to be in the news in San Francisco.
— Former Utah coach Jim Boylen is "not quite locked up yet" to be an Indiana Pacers assistant.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web.
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7