Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow will receive a $500,000 buyout from UCLA this season. The Los Angeles Times confirmed the amount through information obtained through a public records request.
The amount is in addition to a two-year, $550,000 deal he signed with the Utes after officially leaving the Bruins in January.
It should make the Nov. 12 game between Utah and UCLA at Rice-Eccles Stadium a little more intriguing.
— Utah running back Thretton Palamo isn't going to be a center of attention with the USA National Team in rugby.
— The Orange County Register debates its recent Pac-12 football coaches rankings.
— Ex-Ute Alex Smith continues to be in the news in San Francisco.
— Former Utah coach Jim Boylen is "not quite locked up yet" to be an Indiana Pacers assistant.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43