Red Roundup: Utah Utes football's Norm Chow gets hefty buyout from UCLA
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow will receive a $500,000 buyout from UCLA this season. The Los Angeles Times confirmed the amount through information obtained through a public records request.
The amount is in addition to a two-year, $550,000 deal he signed with the Utes after officially leaving the Bruins in January.
It should make the Nov. 12 game between Utah and UCLA at Rice-Eccles Stadium a little more intriguing.
— Utah running back Thretton Palamo isn't going to be a center of attention with the USA National Team in rugby.
— The Orange County Register debates its recent Pac-12 football coaches rankings.
— Ex-Ute Alex Smith continues to be in the news in San Francisco.
— Former Utah coach Jim Boylen is "not quite locked up yet" to be an Indiana Pacers assistant.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25