Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Mormon Message testimonies and Emma Smith celebration
Illustration by Garth Bruner
Temple youths: I was excited to see this beautiful Mormon Message for Youth video “The Laie Temple Youth Cultural Celebration” and saved it for my planned column on temple construction. Then I somehow left it off! Consider this an extension of yesterday’s column and just sit back and enjoy these wonderful youth celebrate the reopening of the Laie Temple. Lovely!
Bearing witness: While I was on the Mormon Messages site, I noticed the “Prophets and Apostles Speak Today” playlist had been recently updated. Clicking in, I found testimonies from President Hinckley, Elder Haight, Elder Holland, Elder Nelson and Elder Packer. Click to watch these prophets and apostles magnificently and powerfully testify.
Emma Smith: How did missionaries in Kirtland wish “Happy Birthday (to) Emma” last Sunday? They joined in a celebration of her life with the Community of Christ at the Kirtland Temple, where they sang songs from Emma’s first hymnal. Wow. I loved this vignette as they left the service: “When we left the temple, people were outside, looking upward and pointing to the top of the temple. I looked up, expecting to see angels, but it was only a wasp nest!”
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 142
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 24