Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Mormon Message testimonies and Emma Smith celebration
Illustration by Garth Bruner
Temple youths: I was excited to see this beautiful Mormon Message for Youth video “The Laie Temple Youth Cultural Celebration” and saved it for my planned column on temple construction. Then I somehow left it off! Consider this an extension of yesterday’s column and just sit back and enjoy these wonderful youth celebrate the reopening of the Laie Temple. Lovely!
Bearing witness: While I was on the Mormon Messages site, I noticed the “Prophets and Apostles Speak Today” playlist had been recently updated. Clicking in, I found testimonies from President Hinckley, Elder Haight, Elder Holland, Elder Nelson and Elder Packer. Click to watch these prophets and apostles magnificently and powerfully testify.
Emma Smith: How did missionaries in Kirtland wish “Happy Birthday (to) Emma” last Sunday? They joined in a celebration of her life with the Community of Christ at the Kirtland Temple, where they sang songs from Emma’s first hymnal. Wow. I loved this vignette as they left the service: “When we left the temple, people were outside, looking upward and pointing to the top of the temple. I looked up, expecting to see angels, but it was only a wasp nest!”
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 108
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 8