Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Mormon Message testimonies and Emma Smith celebration
Illustration by Garth Bruner
Temple youths: I was excited to see this beautiful Mormon Message for Youth video “The Laie Temple Youth Cultural Celebration” and saved it for my planned column on temple construction. Then I somehow left it off! Consider this an extension of yesterday’s column and just sit back and enjoy these wonderful youth celebrate the reopening of the Laie Temple. Lovely!
Bearing witness: While I was on the Mormon Messages site, I noticed the “Prophets and Apostles Speak Today” playlist had been recently updated. Clicking in, I found testimonies from President Hinckley, Elder Haight, Elder Holland, Elder Nelson and Elder Packer. Click to watch these prophets and apostles magnificently and powerfully testify.
Emma Smith: How did missionaries in Kirtland wish “Happy Birthday (to) Emma” last Sunday? They joined in a celebration of her life with the Community of Christ at the Kirtland Temple, where they sang songs from Emma’s first hymnal. Wow. I loved this vignette as they left the service: “When we left the temple, people were outside, looking upward and pointing to the top of the temple. I looked up, expecting to see angels, but it was only a wasp nest!”
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 91
- The latest developments on religious... 43
- General Women's Session focuses on... 34
- The challenges and blessings of... 34
- State bills to protect religious... 27
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 20
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 16