SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Technology Council announced Mark Fuller and Stephen Jacobsen as its 2011 Hall of Fame inductees. The two will be honored at the UTC’s Hall of Fame Gala on Nov. 4 at the Grand America Hotel.
Fuller — a University of Utah graduate in civil engineering — is chief executive officer and chairman of WET (Water Entertainment Technologies) Design, a Los Angeles-based water feature design and technology company. Fuller’s firm has pioneered advances in the design and engineering of water features, holding more than 50 patents on water control, lighting and air compression devices, and laminar stream technology.
Utah native Jacobsen is a distinguished professor at the University of Utah and one of the most renowned and prolific creators of animate systems of his generation. He received a masters degree in engineering from the U. and a doctorate in engineering from MIT.
In 1983, Jacobsen founded Sarcos — a bioengineering research institution working in the development and design of robotics, prostheses and other mechanical applications.
“It is a great privilege to welcome these visionaries to the UTC Hall of Fame,” said Richard Nelson, UTC founder and chief executive officer. “Both Mark Fuller and Stephen Jacobsen are brilliant examples of the types of innovators we cultivate here in Utah and illustrate how much one can accomplish with an innovative mind and a lot of hard work.”
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9