PAYSON — One person was killed and three received minor injuries after a rollover accident on I-15 Tuesday.
Cpl. Todd Johnson of the Utah Highway Patrol said Jenni Drollinger, 33, of Springville was killed after she was ejected from the rear seat of a Toyota 4Runner.
The vehicle was being driven by her 15-year-old son, Kealoha Drollinger. Johnson said the young man became drowsy and began to drift when he over-corrected and went over the right shoulder, which caused the vehicle to roll several times. The accident occurred at about 1 p.m.
Kealoha Drollinger received minor injures. A second female passenger, age 29, whose name has not yet been released was also ejected from the vehicle and received minor injuries. The vehicle's fourth passenger, a man whose name and age have not yet been released, also received minor injuries. Officials say all four were not wearing seat belts.
Jenni Drollinger was pronounced dead at the scene, Johnson said. The other passengers were transported to the hospital. Johnson said the driver was operating the vehicle with a learners permit.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9