PAYSON — One person was killed and three received minor injuries after a rollover accident on I-15 Tuesday.
Cpl. Todd Johnson of the Utah Highway Patrol said Jenni Drollinger, 33, of Springville was killed after she was ejected from the rear seat of a Toyota 4Runner.
The vehicle was being driven by her 15-year-old son, Kealoha Drollinger. Johnson said the young man became drowsy and began to drift when he over-corrected and went over the right shoulder, which caused the vehicle to roll several times. The accident occurred at about 1 p.m.
Kealoha Drollinger received minor injures. A second female passenger, age 29, whose name has not yet been released was also ejected from the vehicle and received minor injuries. The vehicle's fourth passenger, a man whose name and age have not yet been released, also received minor injuries. Officials say all four were not wearing seat belts.
Jenni Drollinger was pronounced dead at the scene, Johnson said. The other passengers were transported to the hospital. Johnson said the driver was operating the vehicle with a learners permit.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12