Power pick: A Washington Post videographer follows two Mormon missionaries as they tract in a D.C. neighborhood, and this awesome video from the On Faith “Under God” section titled “Mormon Missionaries share Book of Mormon in D.C.” is the result! Enjoy!
Power pick2: Editor's note: This information, although accurate at the time of the posting, has changed. Please see his blog for an update.
Still looking for the perfect summer vacation? How about a church-sponsored service/disaster-relief vacation to Japan? This “To the Rescue: Japan” program may be the first of its kind. As this blogger explains, “In essence, the LDS Church is looking for individuals willing to arrange their own travel to get to Japan between July 18 and Aug. 30. Once in Tokyo, the church will pay for you to be transported to areas in the country that are still in need of help. These will be two-week-long tours.” The church hopes to gather 130,000 people. Wow! What an incredible opportunity! Click in to learn all about it.
Techie tip: Did you know that there are 48 new “Languages Pages on LDS.org”? Larry Richman outlines how to find these new languages, “On the home page of LDS.org, click 'Languages' in the upper right corner. Then click 'See Other Languages on LDS.org.' Click any language to see an index page with links to all the church materials currently available online in that language.” Awesome.
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 166
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- General Women's Session focuses on... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- State bills to protect religious... 11
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8