Luis Gil was a thorn in Dallas' side all night along the left side. His tenacity and ball skills kept Dallas so focused on him that it seemed to forget the other Real offensive threats until it was too late. When he was moved back to the offensive midfield position, he thrived and must have given Kreis a few things to think about for Tuesday's match up in Dallas. Grade: A-
Alvaro Saborio showed the value of a post-up forward with a handful of terrific holding balls outside the 18-yard box, but his speed off the ball, let alone willingness to challenge 50/50s was suspect. Without a shot on goal, Real needed to see much more from the talented Costa Rican. Grade: B-
Fabian Espindola came on in place of Grabavoy in the 70th minute, moving Gil back to the offensive midfield position. He made an immediate impact teaming with Gil and Johnson on several occasions to turn the second half into one of Real's finest of the season. His goal in the 94th minute off a terrific Johnson cross made the score more reflective of Real's dominance on the night. Grade: A
Collen Warner replaced Williams in the 81st minute and immediately went on defensive duty to ensure the Salt Lake win. By the time he came on, Real had established control of the field and except for one late surge. Warner wasn't needed for much more. Grade: B
Jean Alexandre was brought in for an injured Saborio and while he was only on the pitch for a few minutes, Alexandre made his presence felt with his athleticism and fresh legs. He struggled at times holding possession with his back to the goal but he managed to keep the pressure on an already exhausted Dallas back line. Grade: B
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37