A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert: Broadcast, July 23, 7 p.m. MDT (see broadcast.lds.org)
Temple Hill: "How Great the Love" mixed-media art exhibit, through July 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Pioneer Day musical celebration, "My Father's Field," July 23, 7:30 p.m., Oakland Temple Hill Interstake Center, 4770 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
Orange County Single Adults (31 and up): Conference, Elder Shayne Bowen, Brad Wilcox, Alisa Goodwin Snell, Craig Jessop, Marvin Goldstein, Vanessa Joy, Aug 4-7 (see ocbcconference.com for registration and schedule)
Los Angeles Temple Visitors' Center: Japanese fireside, July 10, 5 p.m.; "O Say Can You Sing," with Barbara Dodge, July 11, 7 p.m.; David Blasucci and friends, July 16, 7 p.m.; "Of Patriots and Pioneers," by Tapestry, July 22, 7 p.m.; Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert broadcast, July 23, 6 p.m.; "A Special Destiny," multicultural pioneer memories, July 30, 4 p.m.
Moscow institute: Summer institute class, Tuesdays, through July 26, 7 p.m., Moscow Idaho Student Stake Center
Historic Chesterfield: Concert, Portneuf Gap, July 9, 7 p.m., Amusement Hall at the Historic Townsite
Nauvoo: Sunday Sociables, Sundays, 7 p.m., Historic Nauvoo Visitors' Center (see www.historicnauvoo.net)
Nauvoo Pageant: through July 30, Tuesdays-Saturdays, 8:30 p.m.; southwest of the reconstructed Nauvoo Temple; country fair, 7 p.m.
Indiana YSA: Regional YSA conference, July 15-17, White River Ward building (registration July 15 at 6:30 p.m.)
'Come Home to Kanesville' pageant: July 19-21, 7:30 p.m.; July 22-23, 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.; July 26-28, 7:30 p.m.; July 29-30, 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., Historic Kanesville Tabernacle, 222 E. Broadway, Council Bluffs (see www.kanesville.org)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," through October, open daily 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Spanish Night of Music and Inspiration, July 12, 7:30 p.m.; "Why I Believe" fireside, Josh and Sandra Turley, July 17, 7 p.m.; Pioneer Day Celebration, July 23, 7 p.m.; Pioneer Heritage Fireside, former Sen. Bob Bennett, July 24, 7 p.m.
Mormon Trail Center at Winter Quarters: "The Healing Power of Christ," sculpture exhibit, extended through July 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., 3215 State St., Omaha (for information, call 402-453-9372)
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 20
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 8