First lady Michelle Obama will be in Park City on July 26
Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
PARK CITY — First lady Michelle Obama will be in Park City on July 26, a Democratic official confirmed Friday.
The official, who spoke on background, would not say whether the first lady will be raising money for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign.
However, an invitation is being circulated for an 8:30 a.m. breakfast reception on July 26 with Michelle Obama at the Park City home of Mark Gilbert, a major Democratic Party fundraiser who served on presidential candidate Barack Obama's national finance committee in 2008.
Gilbert, who also has a home in Florida, helped convince the now-president to come to Utah in August 2007 for a fundraiser. On the way, then-candidate Obama also appeared at a hastily organized campaign rally at Kimball Junction.
Recently, Utah Democratic Party Chairman Wayne Holland announced Michelle Obama's fundraiser to party members and the media. Holland later said the White House had not confirmed the visit but that he was still hoping she was coming to the Beehive State.
Michelle Obama made a campaign stop in the state just before Utah's February 2008 Democratic primary election, addressing some 1,000 supporters at the Salt Palace.
She also met then with two apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve.
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report, summit show energy development...
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from 1-800...
- Jill Parrish confirmed as new federal judge...
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA Freedom...
- Surveillance debate produces unusual...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 26
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Sen. Lindsey Graham: 'I'm running' to... 18
- Obama bans some military-style... 16
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Belfast baker guilty of discrimination... 14