First lady Michelle Obama will be in Park City on July 26
Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
PARK CITY — First lady Michelle Obama will be in Park City on July 26, a Democratic official confirmed Friday.
The official, who spoke on background, would not say whether the first lady will be raising money for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign.
However, an invitation is being circulated for an 8:30 a.m. breakfast reception on July 26 with Michelle Obama at the Park City home of Mark Gilbert, a major Democratic Party fundraiser who served on presidential candidate Barack Obama's national finance committee in 2008.
Gilbert, who also has a home in Florida, helped convince the now-president to come to Utah in August 2007 for a fundraiser. On the way, then-candidate Obama also appeared at a hastily organized campaign rally at Kimball Junction.
Recently, Utah Democratic Party Chairman Wayne Holland announced Michelle Obama's fundraiser to party members and the media. Holland later said the White House had not confirmed the visit but that he was still hoping she was coming to the Beehive State.
Michelle Obama made a campaign stop in the state just before Utah's February 2008 Democratic primary election, addressing some 1,000 supporters at the Salt Palace.
She also met then with two apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawmaker questions Salt Lake City...
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Governor selects final candidates for State...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30