First lady Michelle Obama will be in Park City on July 26
Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
PARK CITY — First lady Michelle Obama will be in Park City on July 26, a Democratic official confirmed Friday.
The official, who spoke on background, would not say whether the first lady will be raising money for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign.
However, an invitation is being circulated for an 8:30 a.m. breakfast reception on July 26 with Michelle Obama at the Park City home of Mark Gilbert, a major Democratic Party fundraiser who served on presidential candidate Barack Obama's national finance committee in 2008.
Gilbert, who also has a home in Florida, helped convince the now-president to come to Utah in August 2007 for a fundraiser. On the way, then-candidate Obama also appeared at a hastily organized campaign rally at Kimball Junction.
Recently, Utah Democratic Party Chairman Wayne Holland announced Michelle Obama's fundraiser to party members and the media. Holland later said the White House had not confirmed the visit but that he was still hoping she was coming to the Beehive State.
Michelle Obama made a campaign stop in the state just before Utah's February 2008 Democratic primary election, addressing some 1,000 supporters at the Salt Palace.
She also met then with two apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve.
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah woman among first headed to elite Army...
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns disapprove...
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- List of potential prison sites cut to three
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head...
- Again? Really? What if it's Bush-Clinton in...
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 121
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 26
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13