And as a final post, I just loved this post from blogger SteveP that asks,“Are We Really All So Different?” Here is a taste: “There sat Bapasol: African, Muslim, dressed in a Kafkan, and me: Western, Mormon, in jeans, but there was something in the situation we both recognized as hilarious, that rooted us in commonalities that stretched across numerous cultural differences. … Can we take the commandment ‘judge not’ seriously? The Pharisees in the New Testament always did their home teaching, regularly held their family home evenings, they were scrupulous in their daily scripture study, they were exact in their keeping of the word of wisdom (putting their behavior in a modern twist), they just were very good at keeping the commandments. Yet they missed completely the Savior of the World. Why? They misunderstood their primary duty. To love and lift others.” Lovely.
Now let’s ooh and ahh over other posts from this last week in the Bloggernacle:
Power pick — “I Found A Baby Pioneer” reads the title to a fascinating blog post about one researcher’s discovery of a 2-year-old pioneer who died along the Mormon Pioneer Trail. I can’t think of a bigger thrill for a genealogist. In fact, she says, “Finding the people that no one else is looking for because they have no descendants is tender and rewarding.” Read all about Emmertta Eliza Green, who has now been added to the Mormon Pioneer Database, and how she was found again.
Techie tip — I know most of the fireworks are over (although I’m guessing some people will enjoy setting off fireworks even after the Fourth, and if you’re in Utah, Pioneer Day is coming up fast). However, I found this blog post detailing how to photograph fireworks full of great tips on how to capture those beautiful bursts of patriotic light. And click through her gorgeous examples. Wow!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 29
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 24
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 22
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 16