Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Patriotic posts and artistic interviews
Patriotic spirit: Driving to the Washington D.C. Temple, this LDS author and blogger noticed a small crowd gathered around a fire station. Wondering what was happening, she Googled it to find that they were dedicated a "9/11 Memorial" that consists of two twisted pieces of metal from Ground Zero that are artfully arranged with a plaque. So on this July Fourth, take a moment to learn about this small town's monument that truly is "an enduring testament to the American Spirit."
Mormon Artist: The Mormon Artist Issue 16 is up! And the whole issue is full of interviews with artistic women, including artist Leslie Graff, writer Marilyn Bushman-Carlton, dancer Sara Webb and more. Check it out.
Zach Braff: "The ad on this cab makes being a Mormon look super fun. We Jews need cooler ads. But I don't think we have ads. We need ads.” So says actor Zach Braff, who captions this photo of the Mormon.org taxicab ads. Awesome.
Blog Train: All aboard the “July LDS Blog Train,” which is full of free downloadable digital scrapbook pages to use and print. Thirty designers share their digital art on the theme of "Fishers of Men." Wow! Love it!
What’s American: Chocolate chip cookies. The national parks. Music. What do these have in common? These are all symbols of America, as portrayed in this patriotic essay “What’s More American than Corn Flakes?” Click to read the rest, or add your own thoughts about what’s American to you. Happy Fourth of July!
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- 'Amazed by Grace' by Sheri Dew explores...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 147
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 60
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Alternative rock/indie band of 5... 9