TAYLORSVILLE — A new ZIP code is coming to Taylorsville.
Beginning today, all Taylorsville addresses west of Redwood Road will begin using the new 84129 ZIP code, U.S. Postal Service officials announced.
"The new ZIP code will improve mail processing efficiency and ensure our customers continue to receive the best possible mail service," said Ken McArthur, U.S. Postal Service district manager.
The change will apply to roughly 12,600 mailing addresses that previously used either the 84084, 84118 or 84119 ZIP codes. The new ZIP code follows Taylorsville's city boundaries west of Redwood Road.
All customers with the new ZIP code have been notified by letters, Postal Service officials said. They've been asked to start using the new ZIP code Friday and immediately begin notifying those who send them mail of the change.
There is a one-year grace period during which mail addressed with the previous ZIP code still will be processed and delivered in the 84129 area.
"We will do our best to make this a smooth and easy transition," McArthur said.
— Jared Page
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Chopper pilot set to retire after 46 years,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 14