TAYLORSVILLE — A new ZIP code is coming to Taylorsville.
Beginning today, all Taylorsville addresses west of Redwood Road will begin using the new 84129 ZIP code, U.S. Postal Service officials announced.
"The new ZIP code will improve mail processing efficiency and ensure our customers continue to receive the best possible mail service," said Ken McArthur, U.S. Postal Service district manager.
The change will apply to roughly 12,600 mailing addresses that previously used either the 84084, 84118 or 84119 ZIP codes. The new ZIP code follows Taylorsville's city boundaries west of Redwood Road.
All customers with the new ZIP code have been notified by letters, Postal Service officials said. They've been asked to start using the new ZIP code Friday and immediately begin notifying those who send them mail of the change.
There is a one-year grace period during which mail addressed with the previous ZIP code still will be processed and delivered in the 84129 area.
"We will do our best to make this a smooth and easy transition," McArthur said.
— Jared Page
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Summit County Sheriff's Office solves...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 286
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 110
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45