TAYLORSVILLE — A new ZIP code is coming to Taylorsville.
Beginning today, all Taylorsville addresses west of Redwood Road will begin using the new 84129 ZIP code, U.S. Postal Service officials announced.
"The new ZIP code will improve mail processing efficiency and ensure our customers continue to receive the best possible mail service," said Ken McArthur, U.S. Postal Service district manager.
The change will apply to roughly 12,600 mailing addresses that previously used either the 84084, 84118 or 84119 ZIP codes. The new ZIP code follows Taylorsville's city boundaries west of Redwood Road.
All customers with the new ZIP code have been notified by letters, Postal Service officials said. They've been asked to start using the new ZIP code Friday and immediately begin notifying those who send them mail of the change.
There is a one-year grace period during which mail addressed with the previous ZIP code still will be processed and delivered in the 84129 area.
"We will do our best to make this a smooth and easy transition," McArthur said.
— Jared Page
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21