TAYLORSVILLE — A new ZIP code is coming to Taylorsville.
Beginning today, all Taylorsville addresses west of Redwood Road will begin using the new 84129 ZIP code, U.S. Postal Service officials announced.
"The new ZIP code will improve mail processing efficiency and ensure our customers continue to receive the best possible mail service," said Ken McArthur, U.S. Postal Service district manager.
The change will apply to roughly 12,600 mailing addresses that previously used either the 84084, 84118 or 84119 ZIP codes. The new ZIP code follows Taylorsville's city boundaries west of Redwood Road.
All customers with the new ZIP code have been notified by letters, Postal Service officials said. They've been asked to start using the new ZIP code Friday and immediately begin notifying those who send them mail of the change.
There is a one-year grace period during which mail addressed with the previous ZIP code still will be processed and delivered in the 84129 area.
"We will do our best to make this a smooth and easy transition," McArthur said.
— Jared Page
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9