TAYLORSVILLE — A new ZIP code is coming to Taylorsville.
Beginning today, all Taylorsville addresses west of Redwood Road will begin using the new 84129 ZIP code, U.S. Postal Service officials announced.
"The new ZIP code will improve mail processing efficiency and ensure our customers continue to receive the best possible mail service," said Ken McArthur, U.S. Postal Service district manager.
The change will apply to roughly 12,600 mailing addresses that previously used either the 84084, 84118 or 84119 ZIP codes. The new ZIP code follows Taylorsville's city boundaries west of Redwood Road.
All customers with the new ZIP code have been notified by letters, Postal Service officials said. They've been asked to start using the new ZIP code Friday and immediately begin notifying those who send them mail of the change.
There is a one-year grace period during which mail addressed with the previous ZIP code still will be processed and delivered in the 84129 area.
"We will do our best to make this a smooth and easy transition," McArthur said.
— Jared Page
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7