Jean Alexandre was extremely dangerous Tuesday night. Overpowering the Wilmington back line with his strength and speed, he was simply no match for the USL pro team. In addition to providing the service for Tony Beltran's 41st minute goal, Jean was positioned perfectly for numerous chances himself and was rewarded in the 44th minute with a goal assisted by team captain Kyle Beckerman and nearly again off a crowd-pleasing rocket of a bicycle kick in the 78th minute. GRADE: A
Luis Gil showed flashes of true brilliance but never once finished. In the 12th minute he missed an open netter off a beautiful combination from Andy Williams to Will Johnson, who slotted it right in front of the goal for Gil. He had three other shots that should have been better and a number of assists that looked promising but fell flat in the end. No doubt Luis is the future of this franchise, but that future hasn't yet arrived. GRADE: B-
Ned Grabavoy was subbed in to relieve Kyle Beckerman in the 63rd minute and filled in fine. His work rate combined with some nifty passing kept the ball alive on more than one occasion and his blast from outside the 18-yard box in the 85th minute was nearly too much for Wilmington goalie Kyle Polak to handle. GRADE: B
Robbie Russell was never really challenged in the short minutes he played after being subbed in for Chris Schuler. Usually known for his midfield crosses, Robbie was most effective down the wing, even finding a chance to drop off a pass from Will Johnson right at the goalie only minutes after his substitution. GRADE: B+
Nelson Gonzalez couldn't have asked for a better time to come onto the field in place of Collen Warner. Wilmington was exhausted and Real had found its groove. Not known for his defense, Gonzalez didn't really have to play any. He surely didn't mind, as he was able to put his nifty footwork on showcase in the tight space around Wilmington's 18-yard box, creating numerous scoring chances that sadly went unfinished. GRADE: B+
Chris Higbee is the Product Director for DeseretNews.com. He can be found @chigbee on Twitter.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 40
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26