The Seattle Times recently caught up with basketball player Aaron Dotson, who is transferring to Utah from LSU.
Former Utah assistant Jim Marsh, who coached Dotson in AAU ball, had nice things to say about the future Runnin' Ute. NCAA transfer rules will keep Dotson out of games until 2012-13. He'll have two seasons of eligibility.
"It's almost like a Christmas gift that he got to get into the Pac-12 with Utah and a new coach," Marsh told the newspaper. "I think, after a year of practice, when he's eligible, he'll make some big marks for the Utes."
— C.J. Cron is expected to receive a signing bonus in the $1.7 million range when he signs with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on Monday.
A tear in his throwing shoulder, however, will likely require surgery and sideline the first baseman for the rest of the summer.
— KCPW's Eric Ray spoke with ex-Ute Sione Pouha of the New York Jets, who is giving back to his hometown of Salt Lake City.
— CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd ranked the college football coaches hot seats and Utah's Kyle Whittingham is one of 32 coaches to receive a "Don't even think it — can't be touched" score.
— And last, but not least . . . former Utah coach Urban Meyer could make his ESPN game debut at Ohio State on Sept. 3.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22