SALT LAKE CITY — On July 1 the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will start accepting audition applications.
The form at www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/ auditions will be available for download starting 12:01 a.m. on July 1 and will be available through midnight on Aug. 15. After that, the next time to apply will be in 2012.
Candidates must be between 25 and 55 years old, live within a 100-mile radius of Temple Square and be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in good standing.
Completed applications, including the required tape or CD, are due to the choir office by Aug. 15. Personal deliveries are not permitted due to security regulations.
Those who complete the full audition cycle will be accepted into the Temple Square Chorale and complete a 16-week training school before final acceptance into the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. See the choir’s website for information from choir members about the audition process.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- LDS missionaries meet London teen... 5