SALT LAKE CITY — On July 1 the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will start accepting audition applications.
The form at www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/ auditions will be available for download starting 12:01 a.m. on July 1 and will be available through midnight on Aug. 15. After that, the next time to apply will be in 2012.
Candidates must be between 25 and 55 years old, live within a 100-mile radius of Temple Square and be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in good standing.
Completed applications, including the required tape or CD, are due to the choir office by Aug. 15. Personal deliveries are not permitted due to security regulations.
Those who complete the full audition cycle will be accepted into the Temple Square Chorale and complete a 16-week training school before final acceptance into the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. See the choir’s website for information from choir members about the audition process.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 10
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4