3. Utah: “The Jimmer” — There is something special about this guy in skill, ability and marketability. This is a pick who will be profitable both short-term and long-term on and off the court. He is a team guy and won't be a distraction. He was the best player in college. Things haven’t changed ... he is still the best player, in my opinion. Yet, I have him at 3, because the Jazz own that pick. A plea to Gail Miller: if the Jazz brass aren't planning to draft Jimmer please pull ownership rights and make sure this happens. Women, men, children and teenagers (yes, they are their own group) will love you for this.
4. Cleveland: They feel more comfortable taking Kyrie Irving here. He is now worth the injury potential and risk he poses.
5. Toronto: Has Toronto ever had a good point guard? Now is the time. Carpe diem. Seize the day. Brandon Knight could finally change that.
6. Washington: Jan Vesely could become crazy good if he can ever learn to shoot. He is tall, long and very active. He will be fun to watch.
7. Sacramento: They wanted “The Jimmer,” but they have to settle for Kawhi Leonard. He has huge hands and should be a good pro. He still won't be able to stop Jimmer.
8. Detroit: The bad boys are back! Chris Singleton is a defense machine. The dude is full of energy. He will bring some nastiness to their roster immediately.
9. Charlotte: Klay Thompson can score from all over the floor. He needs to put on some weight and muscle, but he has a great shot and will be a huge scoring asset immediately for their team.
10. Milwaukee: Alec Burks is a good basketball player. Not a lot of flair, but he should be a solid pro. Milwaukee needs some consistency, and he would bring that.
11. Golden State: Jonas Valanciunas has great size. Put him with Steph Curry and Monta Ellis, and "bam," you have one athletic team. Could be a great move by Golden State. They sure need one!
12. Utah: Bismack Biyombo is from Congo. If that is not reason enough by itself then note that the guy seems to be an absolute beast on the boards and very strong inside. Utah needs some strength and toughness. Biyombo would bring that.
13. Phoenix: Marcus Morris is the best player in the world, or so he thinks. He is a good player, just not that good. He would give Phoenix more rebounding and another target for Steve Nash.
14. Houston: Markieff Morris is a little more humble version of his brother and offers inside presence until Yao Ming can return. Good overall player who could develop.
Brady Peterson figures he should be about 50 percent correct with his picks, because as the past 30 years show, even the paid professionals who get paid to do this every day are shooting about 50 percent as well.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 85
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 69
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 60
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 35
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 28
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 24