Once sacrament meeting concluded, I think just about every member of the branch came to me and shook my hand, including a kind young brother, Vinjay, who had whispered to me the scriptures being quoted during the talk in Hindi. He excitedly came to speak with me about, of all things, American politics, one of my passions. He was shocked to learn that my positions were the polar opposite of his perception of the majority of Americans.
I spoke with Sylva, a student from Kinshasa, Congo, who came to India to study and is my newest Facebook friend. I also met President Massey, the actual branch president, who is a humble servant of the Lord.
President Jackson taught a combined Sunday School, with at least six investigators visiting, again displaying his heaven-sent teaching ability as he drew an analogy for the plan of salvation. The third hour consisted of a combined meeting, with a discussion based upon Elder L. Tom Perry’s last conference talk led by President Massey.
At the conclusion of the meetings, there was a baptism. Feeling so uplifted, I decided to stay. A sweet baptismal talk preceded the ordinance performed in an outdoor font in the courtyard behind the chapel.
Enjoying Sunday meetings with these pioneers — I was told the New Delhi 1st Branch was the first in India, commissioned only 15 years ago — was such an uplifting experience. To see these faithful members with powerful testimonies of the true gospel of Jesus Christ was an experience that will forever touch my life.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10