Red roundup: Pac-12 boss Larry Scott boasts 'emotional intelligence'
Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott has paved a road to prosperiety for Utah's future conference. The Contra Costa Times profiles Scott and his success in tennis. His coach at Harvard noted that Scott possesses "emotional intelligence."
The commissioner will be in Salt Lake City on July 1 for Utah's Pac-12 celebration gathering on the state capitol grounds.
— The Milwaukee Bucks are denying rumors they are trying to trade former Ute Andrew Bogut.
— Ex-Utah pitcher Rick Anton feels right at home as a member of the Ogden Raptors.
— The Tucson Citizen reflects on the end of the Pac-10 era as expansion to Utah and Colorado appraoches.
— And last, but not least . . . the Tulsa World reported last week that Runnin' Ute departee Shawn Glover has transferred to Oral Roberts and is enrolled in summer school.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 133
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18