Red roundup: Jim Boylen finalist for Lakers assistant job
ESPN.com is reporting that former Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen is one of three finalists for a position on the Los Angeles Lakers' staff. New head coach Mike Brown is also considering former Utah Jazz player and current Toronto assistant Scott Roth as well as Philadelphia player development coach Quin Snyder. Boylen is reportedly going to meet with Brown today.
— A Colorado sports writer looks at the renewal of the Utah-Colorado football series in the Pac-12. He also takes a swipe at Utah rival BYU, calling the Cougars "a jealous independent with 25-year-old players."
— Pro Football Weekly predicts that former Ute cornerback Sean Smith of the Miami Dolphins is one of the AFC East's "best bets to break through in 2011."
— Ex-Utah standout Paul Kruger of the Baltimore Ravens stopped by ABC 4's "Sports Zone."
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33