Red roundup: Jim Boylen finalist for Lakers assistant job
ESPN.com is reporting that former Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen is one of three finalists for a position on the Los Angeles Lakers' staff. New head coach Mike Brown is also considering former Utah Jazz player and current Toronto assistant Scott Roth as well as Philadelphia player development coach Quin Snyder. Boylen is reportedly going to meet with Brown today.
— A Colorado sports writer looks at the renewal of the Utah-Colorado football series in the Pac-12. He also takes a swipe at Utah rival BYU, calling the Cougars "a jealous independent with 25-year-old players."
— Pro Football Weekly predicts that former Ute cornerback Sean Smith of the Miami Dolphins is one of the AFC East's "best bets to break through in 2011."
— Ex-Utah standout Paul Kruger of the Baltimore Ravens stopped by ABC 4's "Sports Zone."
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes-related news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27