PROVO, Utah — Two programs to help Boy Scouts earn the Archaeology Merit Badge and Cub Scouts earn special patches will be at Brigham Young University’s Museum of Peoples and Cultures.
The Archaeology Merit Badge Blitz will be for Boy Scouts on Wednesday, June 22. Scouts who attend the 2 1/2-hour session will be able to fulfill all of the requirements for the Archaeology Merit Badge. Three separate sessions will be at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. The cost is $5 per Scout, and there is no fee for accompanying leaders. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 801-422-0022.
An “Open House for Cub Scouts” will be Wednesday, June 29, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Each Scout will have the chance to earn the Museum of Peoples and Cultures’ Activity Patch. No fees or reservations are required. Every Cub Scout in uniform will receive a special prize.
Both events will be at the museum, on 100 E. and 700 N. in Provo. For information, call the museum at 801-422-0022 or visit mpc.byu.edu.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5