PROVO, Utah — Two programs to help Boy Scouts earn the Archaeology Merit Badge and Cub Scouts earn special patches will be at Brigham Young University’s Museum of Peoples and Cultures.
The Archaeology Merit Badge Blitz will be for Boy Scouts on Wednesday, June 22. Scouts who attend the 2 1/2-hour session will be able to fulfill all of the requirements for the Archaeology Merit Badge. Three separate sessions will be at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. The cost is $5 per Scout, and there is no fee for accompanying leaders. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 801-422-0022.
An “Open House for Cub Scouts” will be Wednesday, June 29, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Each Scout will have the chance to earn the Museum of Peoples and Cultures’ Activity Patch. No fees or reservations are required. Every Cub Scout in uniform will receive a special prize.
Both events will be at the museum, on 100 E. and 700 N. in Provo. For information, call the museum at 801-422-0022 or visit mpc.byu.edu.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 43
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4