Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — City Creek Center's grand opening is still nine months away, but hundreds of people who work or shop downtown already are taking advantage of the development's additional parking.
Most of City Creek Center's west parking garage is open to the public. Hourly, daily and monthly parking is available at the four-level, underground garage, with access ramps at 100 South, West Temple and South Temple.
The west parking garage contains roughly half of the 5,000 underground parking stalls planned for the 23-acre, mixed-use development of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Portions of the lot remain closed because of ongoing construction, "but ample public parking is available," said Dale Bills, City Creek spokesman.
Some of the parking spaces are reserved for office tenants and residents of apartments and condominiums, Bills said. But areas of the garage designated for City Creek shoppers when it opens next spring already are available for use.
Parking rates for the garage are $2 per hour, with a $20 daily maximum. Monthly parking passes also are available to City Creek tenants for between $85 and $160, depending on whether they're reserved spots and where they're located.
When the rest of City Creek Center's underground parking opens this fall, parking rates will be revised to include a free first hour, Bills said.
City Creek Center will feature an estimated 800,000 square feet of shopping and dining space when it's complete next March. A grand opening celebration for the estimated $1.5 billion mix of residential, retail and office space is set for March 22.
More information about City Creek Center parking is available at www.citycreekparkingslc.com.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7