Red roundup: Former Ute standouts weigh in on NFL lockout
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Former Utes Eric Weddle and Sean Smith joined Tom Kirkland on KSL's "SportsBeat Sunday" to discuss a variety of topics, including the NFL lockout and a three-day camp for youth they're running at Sunnyside Park in Salt Lake City.
— Ex-Utah quarterback Alex Smith continues to draw praise from new San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.
— ABC4 caught up with new U. basketball coach Larry Krsytkowiak over the weekend.
— Darnell Dickson of the Daily Herald in Provo weighs in on football recruiting between Utah and BYU.
— And finally, CBSSports.com ranks Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott as the top power broker in college athletics.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, excepy holidays.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 17