SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Mormonism in Cultural Contexts will be a symposium on June 18 in honor of Richard Lyman Bushman's 80th birthday.
The symposium will be at the Springville Museum of Art in Springville. Bushman is one of the general editors on the Joseph Smith Papers Project.
Terryl L. Givens, a professor of literature and religion at the University of Richmond, will be the opening plenary session speaker. Claudia Bushman is scheduled to speak at the luncheon. Philip L. Barlow, the Leonard J. Arrington professor of Mormon history and culture at Utah State University, and Richard Bushman will speak at the concluding plenary session.
Five other concurrent sessions with four classes for each session are planned. The symposium runs 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. and is free.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5