SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Mormonism in Cultural Contexts will be a symposium on June 18 in honor of Richard Lyman Bushman's 80th birthday.
The symposium will be at the Springville Museum of Art in Springville. Bushman is one of the general editors on the Joseph Smith Papers Project.
Terryl L. Givens, a professor of literature and religion at the University of Richmond, will be the opening plenary session speaker. Claudia Bushman is scheduled to speak at the luncheon. Philip L. Barlow, the Leonard J. Arrington professor of Mormon history and culture at Utah State University, and Richard Bushman will speak at the concluding plenary session.
Five other concurrent sessions with four classes for each session are planned. The symposium runs 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. and is free.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8