SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Mormonism in Cultural Contexts will be a symposium on June 18 in honor of Richard Lyman Bushman's 80th birthday.
The symposium will be at the Springville Museum of Art in Springville. Bushman is one of the general editors on the Joseph Smith Papers Project.
Terryl L. Givens, a professor of literature and religion at the University of Richmond, will be the opening plenary session speaker. Claudia Bushman is scheduled to speak at the luncheon. Philip L. Barlow, the Leonard J. Arrington professor of Mormon history and culture at Utah State University, and Richard Bushman will speak at the concluding plenary session.
Five other concurrent sessions with four classes for each session are planned. The symposium runs 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. and is free.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 46
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 26
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- Community of Christ recommends... 14