SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Mormonism in Cultural Contexts will be a symposium on June 18 in honor of Richard Lyman Bushman's 80th birthday.
The symposium will be at the Springville Museum of Art in Springville. Bushman is one of the general editors on the Joseph Smith Papers Project.
Terryl L. Givens, a professor of literature and religion at the University of Richmond, will be the opening plenary session speaker. Claudia Bushman is scheduled to speak at the luncheon. Philip L. Barlow, the Leonard J. Arrington professor of Mormon history and culture at Utah State University, and Richard Bushman will speak at the concluding plenary session.
Five other concurrent sessions with four classes for each session are planned. The symposium runs 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. and is free.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- President Uchtfdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list of...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 22
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 9
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 6
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6