'Miracle of Freedom' sales soar with Glenn Beck endorsement
Jason Olson, Deseret News
Chris and Ted Stewart’s newly released book, “The Miracle of Freedom: Seven Tipping Points that Saved the World,” is a book after Glenn Beck’s own heart.
Beck, an international media personality, interviewed Chris Stewart on his radio show Thursday and told him so.
“This is one of the best history books I’ve ever read,” Beck said on his nationally syndicated radio program. “Every library in America should have this history book in it. Unbelievable. You’ll love it.”
As a result of Beck’s endorsement, book sales have gone through the roof. As of Thursday afternoon, “Seven Tipping Points” had climbed to No. 8 on Amazon’s best-selling books list.
In “The Miracle of Freedom,” the Utah brothers examine where freedom came from and how rare a gift it really is today. The co-authors contend that less than 5 percent of all people who have ever lived on the Earth have lived under conditions similar to the modern definition of freedom.
The book focuses on seven examples, including the defeat of the Assyrians in their quest to destroy the kingdom of Judah; the victory of the Greeks over the Persians at Thermopylae and Salamis; Roman Emperor Constantine’s conversion to Christianity; the defeat of the armies of Islam at Poitiers; the failure of the Mongols in their effort to conquer Europe; the discovery of the New World; and The Battle of Britain in World War II.
“These things don’t take place just passively. They take place because people stand together and don’t lose their faith,” Chris Stewart told Beck. “This book is a book of hope. It is a book of faith. It brings out the idea that we have great reason to hope in our future, but we have to be willing to stand together as others have done in the past, and we have to be willing to pay the price.”
Chris Stewart, a world-record-setting pilot and Air Force veteran, and Ted Stewart, a federal judge, live in Davis County, Utah. They also authored “Seven Miracles that Saved America.” Beck's interview has also increased sales of that book, moving it to No. 61 on the Amazon Top 100 list.
Beck sang the book’s praises throughout the eight-minute interview.
“It is a history book that you will read, as I am, in the middle of the night and not be able to put it down,” Beck said. “I’ve been waking up in the last few days with my glasses halfway off my face and lights still on at 2 a.m. in the morning, I’ve fallen asleep reading it every night, I can’t turn my light off. I love this book.”
"The Miracle of Freedom" is on sale now from Shadow Mountain. It can be found online and in select bookstores nationwide.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
YouTube video of Glenn Beck's interview with Chris Stewart:
Glenn Beck on 7 Tipping Points
Glenn Beck interview with Chris Stewart
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager...
- The newscasters who have made the most cameos...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and...
- Extraterrestrial encounters: A look at 10...
- Chris Hicks: Slapstick comedy is given a bad...
- Hollywood's treatment of the disabled... 7
- Extraterrestrial encounters: A look at... 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Life, choices... 2
- 'Resurgence' is a weak payoff for fans... 2
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and... 1
- Book review: 'Conspiracy at Carthage'... 1
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new... 0
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager... 0