By the time the trip was over, I’d been fortunate to chat with President Thomas S. Monson’s biographer, Heidi Swinton; played catch-up with fellow Virginian and world-renowned violinist Jenny Oaks Baker; met some of the 1,600 who attended Time Out for Women; and played golf on a gorgeous canyon course and had more fun doing it than is probably legal.
We rode around in a convertible, ate street tacos and attended church with friends I’ve had for so long we don’t remember how we met. It was a trip to remember.
But at this moment from seat 9C, with the Sunday sun setting and my mind looking to the busy week rising before me, I think my favorite moment from this travel smoothie happened an hour after we landed. Maybe it’s a simple thing, but what a treat to witness a good, godly man ready in a split second to put his birthday on hold to help a neighbor. What an example Joe and his wife are to their children and to those in their circle of influence.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who puts people in my life who are so much better than I am and who live such beautifully tested, selfless lives. I am also grateful for the lessons they teach me.
I can’t wait for the next one.
Jason F. Wright is the New York Times best-selling author of eight books including "Christmas Jars," "The Wednesday Letters," and his latest, "The Seventeen Second Miracle." He's also a political commentator whose editorials have appeared in newspapers nationwide. Jason has appeared on FoxNews, CNN, and dozens of local and national radio shows.
Jason is married to Kodi Erekson Wright. They have two girls and two boys and are members of the Woodstock Branch in the Winchester Virginia Stake. He can be reached at www.jasonfwright.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 96
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 53
- LDS university president receives... 19
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 6
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 6
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5