Woman accused of assaulting husband, sheriff's deputy and patrol car in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL — A woman who police say along with a male friend assaulted her husband was booked into jail after also damaging the inside of a patrol car.
About 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, the Davis County Sheriff's Office was called to Lakeview Hospital where a man had been severely beaten, said Sheriff's Sgt. Susan Poulsen. Among his many injuries, the man suffered a broken jaw.
The man reportedly had gotten into a domestic dispute with his wife over the phone. The two agreed to meet in the parking lot near the Bountiful "B" landmark on a hillside. Details on what happened at the parking lot were still being investigated, but Poulsen said after the man got to the parking lot, he was assaulted by his wife and her male companion.
After going to the hospital, sheriff's investigators went to the home of one of the alleged assailants and found both present. Both were placed into handcuffs, arrested and placed into separate patrol cars, Poulsen said.
While sitting in the back of one of the sheriff's vehicles, the woman was able to slip her handcuffed hands from behind her back so they were in front of her. She then crawled through the cage window separating the front and back seats and began damaging parts of the patrol car, including a computer, Poulsen said.
Deputies on the scene pulled the woman out of the car and she continued to fight with them, injuring one deputy by getting his finger caught in the chain from her handcuffs.
Chelcie Weber, 24, was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation of a number of charges, including assault by a prisoner, interfering with an arresting officer, disorderly conduct and intoxication.
Jaiver Hernandez, 23, was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation of assault.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11