Red roundup: Rockies may snatch Utah's C.J. Cron in first round
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's C.J. Cron is expected to be a first-round selection when the Major League Baseball Draft gets under way tonight. The latest projection on mlb.com has the first baseman headed to the Colorado Rockies with the 20th overall pick. Follow the draft, which begins at 5 p.m. (MT), on the MLB Network or at mlb.com's "Draft Central."
— It was a busy weekend at the Pac-12 meetings in Seattle. Utah athletics director Chris Hill is credited with helping educate the conference on his experience with The Mtn. as the Pac-12 prepares to launch its own network. Hill is also profiled for going from MWC "Godfather" to a "new kid on the block" in the Pac-12.
— The Pac-12 is already preparing for its inaugural football title game.
— Where does ex-Utah receiver David Reed fit in with the Baltimore Ravens?
— And finally, former Ute Andre Miller could be on the move again.
Live Video streaming by Ustream
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 94
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 34
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14