Fabian Espindola: Fabian Espindola shook the monkey from his back in the 79th minute with his second goal of the season on a superbly touched and placed breakaway goal. That was the first of what seemed like a half dozen earlier opportunities with signature moves like the one to break down the Vancouver D and get off a shot on goal in the 39th minute that was a near mirror image of the one Alexandre scored on. Too bad Joe Cannon learned his lesson the first time. His 47th minute breakaway at midfield looked like it might spell success in the form of an assist to either the streaking Nelson Gonzalez or Collen Warner but his touch into the middle left much to be desired. He had chances again in the 70th and 73rd before finally being rewarded. Man of the Match. Grade: A
Jean Alexandre: It's about time! Real found a scorer and it wasn't one of the usual suspects. Jean Alexandre used his powerful frame to muscle past the Vancouver defense and slide a perfectly placed shot past Vancouver goalie Joe Cannon for Real's first half goal. He showed up again in front of the goal in the 73rd and 76th minutes but failed to show any further finishing quality. Grade: B+
Andy Williams: Andy Williams was terrific off the bench with a shot on goal, a number of solid corners and unselfish defense in the midfield. Jason Kreis might just have found a powerful formula in bringing Williams off the bench. Grade: A-
Luis Gil: Though he was brought in late in the game, Luis Gil made an immediate impact with young legs and uncanny ball control against Vancouver's tired defense. He just might have convinced Mr. Kreis that more playing time is in order. Grade: A-
Artur Aghasyan: Subbing in at the 86th minute for Collen Warner, Artur Aghasyan made his Real debut. He showed poise on the two occasions where he touched the ball, but had too little time to show more than that. Grade: Incomplete
Chris Higbee is the Product Director for DeseretNews.com. He can be found @chigbee on Twitter.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27