BYU football: 2 offensive linemen, 2 linebackers commit to Cougars
"I love watching Braden Hansen play, and it's an honor to be compared to him for sure," Kearsley said. "I'm just so excited to have the opportunity to play offensive line at such a great program as BYU and for such a great coach as Coach Weber."
The Cougars also landed Bobby Wolford, a 6-3, 230-pound linebacker from Jacksonville, Fla., who was recruited by Navy, Harvard and Princeton; and Phillip Amone, a 6-foot, 218-pound linebacker from Orlando, Fla. Amone was receiving attention from such schools as Florida State, Georgia Tech, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, and Stanford.
Wolford and Amone will both join BYU's program in 2012.
"The Marriott School of Business is one of the best in the country, and it's perfect for me," Wolford said. "To have the opportunity to play for a great football program and attend a school with high moral standards that has a great business program, it's really perfect for me, even though I'm not LDS."
"I really love my position coach, Coach (Paul) Tidwell," Amone said. "He's a big reason why I committed, but I love the school, too. It's definitely the right place for me to play and to attend school."
TV times announced
PROVO — ESPN and the Big 12 Conference announced Friday that the BYU vs. Texas game in Austin on Sept. 10 will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2 at 5 p.m. MT.
ESPN and the Southeastern Conference released on Thursday the start time and broadcast plans for BYU's season-opening game at Ole Miss on Sept. 3. The Cougars and Rebels will kick off at 2:45 p.m. MT. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.
So far, ESPN has announced television plans for six BYU football games on the 2011 schedule. Others will be announced at a later date. Listed below are the games to date that have been scheduled for broadcast.
Sept. 3 at Ole Miss (ESPN) 2:45 p.m. MT
Sept 10 at Texas (ESPN2) 5 p.m. MT
Sept. 17 vs. Utah (ESPN2) 7:15 p.m. MT
Sept. 23 vs. UCF (ESPN) 6 p.m. MT
Sept. 30 vs. Utah State (ESPN) 6 p.m. MT
Oct. 28 vs. TCU (ESPN) 6 p.m. MT
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- BYU football: Both BYU and Cal have lots to...
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Utes vow not to look past Buffaloes
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25