"I love watching Braden Hansen play, and it's an honor to be compared to him for sure," Kearsley said. "I'm just so excited to have the opportunity to play offensive line at such a great program as BYU and for such a great coach as Coach Weber."
The Cougars also landed Bobby Wolford, a 6-3, 230-pound linebacker from Jacksonville, Fla., who was recruited by Navy, Harvard and Princeton; and Phillip Amone, a 6-foot, 218-pound linebacker from Orlando, Fla. Amone was receiving attention from such schools as Florida State, Georgia Tech, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, and Stanford.
Wolford and Amone will both join BYU's program in 2012.
"The Marriott School of Business is one of the best in the country, and it's perfect for me," Wolford said. "To have the opportunity to play for a great football program and attend a school with high moral standards that has a great business program, it's really perfect for me, even though I'm not LDS."
"I really love my position coach, Coach (Paul) Tidwell," Amone said. "He's a big reason why I committed, but I love the school, too. It's definitely the right place for me to play and to attend school."
TV times announced
PROVO — ESPN and the Big 12 Conference announced Friday that the BYU vs. Texas game in Austin on Sept. 10 will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2 at 5 p.m. MT.
ESPN and the Southeastern Conference released on Thursday the start time and broadcast plans for BYU's season-opening game at Ole Miss on Sept. 3. The Cougars and Rebels will kick off at 2:45 p.m. MT. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.
So far, ESPN has announced television plans for six BYU football games on the 2011 schedule. Others will be announced at a later date. Listed below are the games to date that have been scheduled for broadcast.
Sept. 3 at Ole Miss (ESPN) 2:45 p.m. MT
Sept 10 at Texas (ESPN2) 5 p.m. MT
Sept. 17 vs. Utah (ESPN2) 7:15 p.m. MT
Sept. 23 vs. UCF (ESPN) 6 p.m. MT
Sept. 30 vs. Utah State (ESPN) 6 p.m. MT
Oct. 28 vs. TCU (ESPN) 6 p.m. MT
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- High school softball: Kirtlyn Bohling slams...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 16
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8