Command change Saturday for Utah National Guard's 19th Special Forces Group
CAMP WILLIAMS — The Utah National Guard's 19th Special Forces Group (Airborne) will conduct a change-of-command ceremony Saturday, June 4, at 3:30 p.m. at the Camp Williams Readiness Center.
Col. Michael D. Turello, who has commanded the unit since 2008, will relinquish command to Col. S. Randy Watt.
Turello, of Sandy, recently returned from deployment with more than 100 of his soldiers to the Horn of Africa.
Watt, of Morgan, also recently returned from deployment to Iraq. In his civilian employment he is assistant police chief for the Ogden Police Department. He will assume command of more than 2,000 soldiers in nine states.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15