Red roundup: ESPN's Doug Gottlieb claims J.J. O'Brien not Pac-12 level player
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ESPN 700's Bill Riley, the "Voice of the Utes" hosted his show from network headquarters in Bristol, Ct., on Wednesday. ESPN college basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb offered his opinion on several issues involving the University of Utah basketball program, including his view that former Ute J.J. O'Brien is not a Pac-12 level player. Gottlieb also said that the Utes will be very competitive.
— FoxSportsWest notes that Pac-12 football is taking shape.
— More televised Pac-12 football games for the upcoming season are announced.
— Alex Smith is taking a leadership role with the San Francisco 49ers.
— And finally, the Pac-12's bowl dates for 2011 are now set.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled every weekday, except holidays.
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- BYU basketball: First-grader given royal blue...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- High school football: Bountiful High coach...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 85
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 80
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- Morning links: Ty Detmer plays ping... 32
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29