Red roundup: ESPN's Doug Gottlieb claims J.J. O'Brien not Pac-12 level player
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ESPN 700's Bill Riley, the "Voice of the Utes" hosted his show from network headquarters in Bristol, Ct., on Wednesday. ESPN college basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb offered his opinion on several issues involving the University of Utah basketball program, including his view that former Ute J.J. O'Brien is not a Pac-12 level player. Gottlieb also said that the Utes will be very competitive.
— FoxSportsWest notes that Pac-12 football is taking shape.
— More televised Pac-12 football games for the upcoming season are announced.
— Alex Smith is taking a leadership role with the San Francisco 49ers.
— And finally, the Pac-12's bowl dates for 2011 are now set.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled every weekday, except holidays.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20