Red roundup: ESPN's Doug Gottlieb claims J.J. O'Brien not Pac-12 level player
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ESPN 700's Bill Riley, the "Voice of the Utes" hosted his show from network headquarters in Bristol, Ct., on Wednesday. ESPN college basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb offered his opinion on several issues involving the University of Utah basketball program, including his view that former Ute J.J. O'Brien is not a Pac-12 level player. Gottlieb also said that the Utes will be very competitive.
— FoxSportsWest notes that Pac-12 football is taking shape.
— More televised Pac-12 football games for the upcoming season are announced.
— Alex Smith is taking a leadership role with the San Francisco 49ers.
— And finally, the Pac-12's bowl dates for 2011 are now set.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled every weekday, except holidays.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 48
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 33
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21