Red roundup: Whittingham, Meyer possible candidates at OSU?
Ravell Call, Deseret News
All aboard the rumor express. As expected, former Utah coach Urban Meyer and current Ute coach Kyle Whittingham are mentioned as possible candidates to replace Jim Tressel at Ohio State. For good measure, Boise State coach Chris Petersen is also in the speculation.
Stay tuned. These names and more are sure to be bandied about with great regularity.
— Former Utah quarterback Alex Smith kept the media out of a workout Friday in San Francisco.
— A blogger praises ex-Ute Andrew Bogut for his humanitarian efforts.
— Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times takes a look at The Sporting News' college football preview issue. Utah is picked to win the Pac-12 South and is ranked No. 22.
— And finally, reasons why Meyer should be in the mix for the Ohio State vacancy and why that should be as far as it goes.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37