Red roundup: Whittingham, Meyer possible candidates at OSU?
Ravell Call, Deseret News
All aboard the rumor express. As expected, former Utah coach Urban Meyer and current Ute coach Kyle Whittingham are mentioned as possible candidates to replace Jim Tressel at Ohio State. For good measure, Boise State coach Chris Petersen is also in the speculation.
Stay tuned. These names and more are sure to be bandied about with great regularity.
— Former Utah quarterback Alex Smith kept the media out of a workout Friday in San Francisco.
— A blogger praises ex-Ute Andrew Bogut for his humanitarian efforts.
— Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times takes a look at The Sporting News' college football preview issue. Utah is picked to win the Pac-12 South and is ranked No. 22.
— And finally, reasons why Meyer should be in the mix for the Ohio State vacancy and why that should be as far as it goes.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29