Red roundup: Whittingham, Meyer possible candidates at OSU?
Ravell Call, Deseret News
All aboard the rumor express. As expected, former Utah coach Urban Meyer and current Ute coach Kyle Whittingham are mentioned as possible candidates to replace Jim Tressel at Ohio State. For good measure, Boise State coach Chris Petersen is also in the speculation.
Stay tuned. These names and more are sure to be bandied about with great regularity.
— Former Utah quarterback Alex Smith kept the media out of a workout Friday in San Francisco.
— A blogger praises ex-Ute Andrew Bogut for his humanitarian efforts.
— Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times takes a look at The Sporting News' college football preview issue. Utah is picked to win the Pac-12 South and is ranked No. 22.
— And finally, reasons why Meyer should be in the mix for the Ohio State vacancy and why that should be as far as it goes.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27