Red roundup: Whittingham, Meyer possible candidates at OSU?
Ravell Call, Deseret News
All aboard the rumor express. As expected, former Utah coach Urban Meyer and current Ute coach Kyle Whittingham are mentioned as possible candidates to replace Jim Tressel at Ohio State. For good measure, Boise State coach Chris Petersen is also in the speculation.
Stay tuned. These names and more are sure to be bandied about with great regularity.
— Former Utah quarterback Alex Smith kept the media out of a workout Friday in San Francisco.
— A blogger praises ex-Ute Andrew Bogut for his humanitarian efforts.
— Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times takes a look at The Sporting News' college football preview issue. Utah is picked to win the Pac-12 South and is ranked No. 22.
— And finally, reasons why Meyer should be in the mix for the Ohio State vacancy and why that should be as far as it goes.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20