Red roundup: Whittingham, Meyer possible candidates at OSU?
Ravell Call, Deseret News
All aboard the rumor express. As expected, former Utah coach Urban Meyer and current Ute coach Kyle Whittingham are mentioned as possible candidates to replace Jim Tressel at Ohio State. For good measure, Boise State coach Chris Petersen is also in the speculation.
Stay tuned. These names and more are sure to be bandied about with great regularity.
— Former Utah quarterback Alex Smith kept the media out of a workout Friday in San Francisco.
— A blogger praises ex-Ute Andrew Bogut for his humanitarian efforts.
— Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times takes a look at The Sporting News' college football preview issue. Utah is picked to win the Pac-12 South and is ranked No. 22.
— And finally, reasons why Meyer should be in the mix for the Ohio State vacancy and why that should be as far as it goes.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 123
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 62
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29