Blue roundup: Jimmer Fredette, Jackson Emery begin NBA workouts
Together, they made up arguably the best backcourt in BYU basketball history, led the Cougars to a 32-5 record and a run to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.
Today, Jimmer Fredette and Jackson Emery take another step closer to realizing their goals of playing professionally, albeit hundreds of miles apart.
Fredette is in Indianapolis for a workout with the Indiana Pacers — read what the Indianapolis Star reported about this here — while Emery is doing a workout with the Utah Jazz. Here's more on Fredette's scheduled workouts from The Hoops Report. This blog runs down "the top 10 Jimmer Fredette NBA draft destinations."
Meanwhile, KSL's Greg Wrubell caught up with Emery on Memorial Day to talk to him about his workout with the Jazz. Emery has some interesting comments about Fredette, saying Jimmer is "looking good; he's been on a diet, he's been working out harder, he looks slimmer...he still has his frame, still has his strength, he's just trimmed down a little bit."
This blog asks, "Was Ty Detmer as Big as Jimmer?"
ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson includes BYU quarterback Jake Heaps in a list of non-AQ players to watch in 2011.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 25
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22