Blue roundup: Jimmer Fredette, Jackson Emery begin NBA workouts
Together, they made up arguably the best backcourt in BYU basketball history, led the Cougars to a 32-5 record and a run to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.
Today, Jimmer Fredette and Jackson Emery take another step closer to realizing their goals of playing professionally, albeit hundreds of miles apart.
Fredette is in Indianapolis for a workout with the Indiana Pacers — read what the Indianapolis Star reported about this here — while Emery is doing a workout with the Utah Jazz. Here's more on Fredette's scheduled workouts from The Hoops Report. This blog runs down "the top 10 Jimmer Fredette NBA draft destinations."
Meanwhile, KSL's Greg Wrubell caught up with Emery on Memorial Day to talk to him about his workout with the Jazz. Emery has some interesting comments about Fredette, saying Jimmer is "looking good; he's been on a diet, he's been working out harder, he looks slimmer...he still has his frame, still has his strength, he's just trimmed down a little bit."
This blog asks, "Was Ty Detmer as Big as Jimmer?"
ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson includes BYU quarterback Jake Heaps in a list of non-AQ players to watch in 2011.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28