Blue roundup: Jimmer Fredette, Jackson Emery begin NBA workouts
Together, they made up arguably the best backcourt in BYU basketball history, led the Cougars to a 32-5 record and a run to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.
Today, Jimmer Fredette and Jackson Emery take another step closer to realizing their goals of playing professionally, albeit hundreds of miles apart.
Fredette is in Indianapolis for a workout with the Indiana Pacers — read what the Indianapolis Star reported about this here — while Emery is doing a workout with the Utah Jazz. Here's more on Fredette's scheduled workouts from The Hoops Report. This blog runs down "the top 10 Jimmer Fredette NBA draft destinations."
Meanwhile, KSL's Greg Wrubell caught up with Emery on Memorial Day to talk to him about his workout with the Jazz. Emery has some interesting comments about Fredette, saying Jimmer is "looking good; he's been on a diet, he's been working out harder, he looks slimmer...he still has his frame, still has his strength, he's just trimmed down a little bit."
This blog asks, "Was Ty Detmer as Big as Jimmer?"
ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson includes BYU quarterback Jake Heaps in a list of non-AQ players to watch in 2011.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7