Blue roundup: How does Jimmer Fredette compare with other point guards in draft?
With less than one month to go until the National Basketball Association Draft, the value of BYU star Jimmer Fredette continues to be debated.
According to this blog, Fredette has enhanced his draft stock based on his performance at last week's NBA Combine.
"There were questions about Fredette after his last tournament performance," the blog reads. "While he was only OK in the on-court performances, where he really scored some serious points was in the interviews."
NBAdraft.net evaluates the point guards in the draft.
This is part of its view of Fredette: "Jimmer’s role in college was to score at will, but he exhibited a willingness to distribute the ball when double-teamed. That being said, he had a low 1.2 assist-to-turnover ratio, which makes one question his ability to play the point guard position in the NBA. As is the case with both (Brandon) Knight and (Kemba) Walker, Fredette is a score-first guard. Can he make the transition to a true point guard or would he be best utilized as a Ben Gordon-type, quick scoring burst off of the bench? Fredette’s athleticism is underrated, but it’s not on par with Gordon’s. This, along with his size, brings into question his ability to defend either guard position in the NBA."
Meanwhile, former BYU and Philadelphia Eagles tight end Chad Lewis has returned home from his climb to Mount Kilimanjaro to benefit wounded soldiers. Former NFL coach Jeff Fisher and former NFL linebacker Tedy Bruschi as well as soldiers who had suffered debilitating injuries in war joined him.
Watch this report by KSL's Kathy Aiken on Lewis' climb. "There is no yellow brick road to the top of Kilimanjaro," Lewis told Aiken. "It's 19,000 feet, and you have to walk every bit of it."
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7