Blue roundup: How does Jimmer Fredette compare with other point guards in draft?
With less than one month to go until the National Basketball Association Draft, the value of BYU star Jimmer Fredette continues to be debated.
According to this blog, Fredette has enhanced his draft stock based on his performance at last week's NBA Combine.
"There were questions about Fredette after his last tournament performance," the blog reads. "While he was only OK in the on-court performances, where he really scored some serious points was in the interviews."
NBAdraft.net evaluates the point guards in the draft.
This is part of its view of Fredette: "Jimmer’s role in college was to score at will, but he exhibited a willingness to distribute the ball when double-teamed. That being said, he had a low 1.2 assist-to-turnover ratio, which makes one question his ability to play the point guard position in the NBA. As is the case with both (Brandon) Knight and (Kemba) Walker, Fredette is a score-first guard. Can he make the transition to a true point guard or would he be best utilized as a Ben Gordon-type, quick scoring burst off of the bench? Fredette’s athleticism is underrated, but it’s not on par with Gordon’s. This, along with his size, brings into question his ability to defend either guard position in the NBA."
Meanwhile, former BYU and Philadelphia Eagles tight end Chad Lewis has returned home from his climb to Mount Kilimanjaro to benefit wounded soldiers. Former NFL coach Jeff Fisher and former NFL linebacker Tedy Bruschi as well as soldiers who had suffered debilitating injuries in war joined him.
Watch this report by KSL's Kathy Aiken on Lewis' climb. "There is no yellow brick road to the top of Kilimanjaro," Lewis told Aiken. "It's 19,000 feet, and you have to walk every bit of it."
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- 2016 NFL draft: Southern Utah's Miles...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 22
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 17
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 12