Tom Smart, Deseret News
— Pac-12 officiating is undergoing an extreme makeover of sorts. Mike Pereira, who retired as the NFL's vice president of officiating in 2009, is revamping things as the Pac-12's interim coordinator of officials.
— The Tucson Citizen notes that the Pac-12 South is now wide open with USC ineligible to play in the conference title game.
— Utah slugger C.J. Cron is projected by the Seattle Post Intelligencer to go No. 32 overall to the Tampa Bay Rays in next month's draft.
— And finally, former Ute Andre Miller's future with the Portland Trail Blazers is uncertain with an interim general manager making decisions.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 52
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26