Tom Smart, Deseret News
— Pac-12 officiating is undergoing an extreme makeover of sorts. Mike Pereira, who retired as the NFL's vice president of officiating in 2009, is revamping things as the Pac-12's interim coordinator of officials.
— The Tucson Citizen notes that the Pac-12 South is now wide open with USC ineligible to play in the conference title game.
— Utah slugger C.J. Cron is projected by the Seattle Post Intelligencer to go No. 32 overall to the Tampa Bay Rays in next month's draft.
— And finally, former Ute Andre Miller's future with the Portland Trail Blazers is uncertain with an interim general manager making decisions.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday, except holidays.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27