SALT LAKE CITY — The third annual Wells Fargo Economic Summit for Nonprofits will be held on the 11th Floor Atrium, at the Wells Fargo Center, on June 2.
The summit will focus on philanthropy, conveying what funders have experienced in the current economy, and how it has affected strategies for giving.
The event will include an update on Utah's economy and how it relates to the national economic picture, as well as a panel discussion with local philanthropists on key issues facing funders today.
"It's not secret that nonprofits have been hit hard during the past few years," said Anne O'Brien, director of professional education at the University of Utah. "Nonprofit leaders have been consistently faced with tough, sometimes heart-wrenching problems. Many of them are realizing that priorities are changing and have to reevaluate their fundraising goals and expectations."
Featured speakers at the 2011 Summit include Spencer Eccles, chairman emeritus of Wells Fargo's intermountain region; Greg Winegardner, Utah regional president for Wells Fargo; Natalie Gochnour, executive vice president and chief economist of the Salt Lake Chamber; and Alan Hall, founder and director of Mercato Partners.
For more information on the summit, call 801-585-1780.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15