SALT LAKE CITY — The third annual Wells Fargo Economic Summit for Nonprofits will be held on the 11th Floor Atrium, at the Wells Fargo Center, on June 2.
The summit will focus on philanthropy, conveying what funders have experienced in the current economy, and how it has affected strategies for giving.
The event will include an update on Utah's economy and how it relates to the national economic picture, as well as a panel discussion with local philanthropists on key issues facing funders today.
"It's not secret that nonprofits have been hit hard during the past few years," said Anne O'Brien, director of professional education at the University of Utah. "Nonprofit leaders have been consistently faced with tough, sometimes heart-wrenching problems. Many of them are realizing that priorities are changing and have to reevaluate their fundraising goals and expectations."
Featured speakers at the 2011 Summit include Spencer Eccles, chairman emeritus of Wells Fargo's intermountain region; Greg Winegardner, Utah regional president for Wells Fargo; Natalie Gochnour, executive vice president and chief economist of the Salt Lake Chamber; and Alan Hall, founder and director of Mercato Partners.
For more information on the summit, call 801-585-1780.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8