SALT LAKE CITY — The third annual Wells Fargo Economic Summit for Nonprofits will be held on the 11th Floor Atrium, at the Wells Fargo Center, on June 2.
The summit will focus on philanthropy, conveying what funders have experienced in the current economy, and how it has affected strategies for giving.
The event will include an update on Utah's economy and how it relates to the national economic picture, as well as a panel discussion with local philanthropists on key issues facing funders today.
"It's not secret that nonprofits have been hit hard during the past few years," said Anne O'Brien, director of professional education at the University of Utah. "Nonprofit leaders have been consistently faced with tough, sometimes heart-wrenching problems. Many of them are realizing that priorities are changing and have to reevaluate their fundraising goals and expectations."
Featured speakers at the 2011 Summit include Spencer Eccles, chairman emeritus of Wells Fargo's intermountain region; Greg Winegardner, Utah regional president for Wells Fargo; Natalie Gochnour, executive vice president and chief economist of the Salt Lake Chamber; and Alan Hall, founder and director of Mercato Partners.
For more information on the summit, call 801-585-1780.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 23
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9