Red roundup: Ex-Ute J.J. O'Brien headed to San Diego State
Former Runnin' Ute J.J. O'Brien is headed to San Diego State. The sophomore-to-be, who must sit out next season because of NCAA transfer rules, told the San Diego Union-Tribune he "needed to move on" after Utah fired coach Jim Boylen. O'Brien also considered transferring to UNLV and Colorado State.
More J.J., the Las Vegas take on his decision to sign with San Diego State.
The Sporting News evaluates former Utah quarterback Alex Smith.
And finally, Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times examines the Academic Progress Rate numbers for the Pac-12.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34