Red roundup: Ex-Ute J.J. O'Brien headed to San Diego State
Former Runnin' Ute J.J. O'Brien is headed to San Diego State. The sophomore-to-be, who must sit out next season because of NCAA transfer rules, told the San Diego Union-Tribune he "needed to move on" after Utah fired coach Jim Boylen. O'Brien also considered transferring to UNLV and Colorado State.
More J.J., the Las Vegas take on his decision to sign with San Diego State.
The Sporting News evaluates former Utah quarterback Alex Smith.
And finally, Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times examines the Academic Progress Rate numbers for the Pac-12.
The Red Roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48