SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Governor Gary Herbert has appointed Todd M. Shaughnessy as a judge in the 3rd District Court.
"Todd brings a wealth of experience to the court," Herbert said. "He has demonstrated his keen legal abilities representing Utah businesses and individuals in high-profile, high-stakes litigation. I have no doubt his intellect and dedication will prove invaluable on the bench."
Shaughnessy is a partner at the Snell and Wilmer law firm in Salt Lake City. He is a member of the Utah Defense Lawyers association and the Utah Supreme Court Advisory on Rules of Civil Procedure. Prior to his partnership at Snell & Wilmer, Shaughnessy was an associate at Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Utah College of Law, where he was managing editor of the Utah Law Review.
His appointment is subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11