SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Governor Gary Herbert has appointed Todd M. Shaughnessy as a judge in the 3rd District Court.
"Todd brings a wealth of experience to the court," Herbert said. "He has demonstrated his keen legal abilities representing Utah businesses and individuals in high-profile, high-stakes litigation. I have no doubt his intellect and dedication will prove invaluable on the bench."
Shaughnessy is a partner at the Snell and Wilmer law firm in Salt Lake City. He is a member of the Utah Defense Lawyers association and the Utah Supreme Court Advisory on Rules of Civil Procedure. Prior to his partnership at Snell & Wilmer, Shaughnessy was an associate at Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Utah College of Law, where he was managing editor of the Utah Law Review.
His appointment is subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13