SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Governor Gary Herbert has appointed Todd M. Shaughnessy as a judge in the 3rd District Court.
"Todd brings a wealth of experience to the court," Herbert said. "He has demonstrated his keen legal abilities representing Utah businesses and individuals in high-profile, high-stakes litigation. I have no doubt his intellect and dedication will prove invaluable on the bench."
Shaughnessy is a partner at the Snell and Wilmer law firm in Salt Lake City. He is a member of the Utah Defense Lawyers association and the Utah Supreme Court Advisory on Rules of Civil Procedure. Prior to his partnership at Snell & Wilmer, Shaughnessy was an associate at Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Utah College of Law, where he was managing editor of the Utah Law Review.
His appointment is subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 14
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13