SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was charged Monday with attempting to sell her 13-year-old daughter's virginity for $10,000.
The woman, 32, was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony.
The woman's boyfriend reported observing several text messages between the woman and a man named Don discussing sex acts between him and her daughter, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court.
The mother admitted to police she had made an arrangement with Don to have sex with her daughter in exchange for $10,000, the charges state. She also said the man had taken her and her daughter to Victoria Secret to model lingerie and also modeled lingerie at home.
Prosecutors say the woman also sent photos of her daughter wearing lingerie to another man named Will, who was going to pay for the photos.
The teenager initially agreed to the arrangement with Don but later changed her mind, the charges state. Bail was set for the mother at $250,000.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9