SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was charged Monday with attempting to sell her 13-year-old daughter's virginity for $10,000.
The woman, 32, was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony.
The woman's boyfriend reported observing several text messages between the woman and a man named Don discussing sex acts between him and her daughter, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court.
The mother admitted to police she had made an arrangement with Don to have sex with her daughter in exchange for $10,000, the charges state. She also said the man had taken her and her daughter to Victoria Secret to model lingerie and also modeled lingerie at home.
Prosecutors say the woman also sent photos of her daughter wearing lingerie to another man named Will, who was going to pay for the photos.
The teenager initially agreed to the arrangement with Don but later changed her mind, the charges state. Bail was set for the mother at $250,000.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10