SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was charged Monday with attempting to sell her 13-year-old daughter's virginity for $10,000.
The woman, 32, was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony.
The woman's boyfriend reported observing several text messages between the woman and a man named Don discussing sex acts between him and her daughter, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court.
The mother admitted to police she had made an arrangement with Don to have sex with her daughter in exchange for $10,000, the charges state. She also said the man had taken her and her daughter to Victoria Secret to model lingerie and also modeled lingerie at home.
Prosecutors say the woman also sent photos of her daughter wearing lingerie to another man named Will, who was going to pay for the photos.
The teenager initially agreed to the arrangement with Don but later changed her mind, the charges state. Bail was set for the mother at $250,000.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24