13. New England Revolution (3-4-4, 13 points) Prvs 12: Another mediocre performance left New England pointless on the road. Like United, New England can play great soccer at times, but also has horrible moments. The Revs will show true character in the next weeks with games against top of the standings teams like the Galaxy, New York and Dallas. Next up: Los Angeles, Saturday.
14. Columbus Crew (3-3-4, 13 points) Prvs 10: Two straight losses brings Columbus right back to where everyone thought the team would be at the beginning of the season as a middle-of-the-pack, borderline playoff team. Next up: Chivas, Saturday
15. Toronto FC (2-4-6, 12 points) Prvs 16: Toronto achieved a gutty tie on the road at Colorado. Toronto's speedy forwards were held without a goal, but the defense achieved a shutout for the first time in seven MLS games. Next up: Vancouver, Wednesday, Nutrilite Canadian Championship.
16. Chicago Fire (1-4-5, 8 points) Prvs 15: Chicago wanted to break its streak of four straight ties, but a loss wasn't how it was planned. After watching Carlos Ruiz's freak goal fly into the net the Fire would have happily settled for a fifth straight tie and another single point. Next up: San Jose, Saturday.
17. Sporting Kansas City (1-6-1, 4 points) Prvs 18: Saturday's loss to Seattle was likely the hardest of six for Sporting to take. Giving up a corner kick, header goal in stoppage time after playing staunch defense and having a better attack for most of the game. Next up: Colorado, Saturday.
18. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (1-5-5, 8 points) Prvs 17: Vancouver must be feeling even more down when seeing how Portland, the Whitecaps' fellow expansion team is doing. Vancouver next have a chance to earn only its second victory against the team it beat at the start of the season in Toronto. The Whitecaps tied Toronto last Wednesday 1-1 in the second leg of the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. Next up: Toronto, Wednesday, Nutrilite Canadian Championship.
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Jazz rookie Rodney Hood starting to feel more...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13