1. Real Salt Lake (5-1-2, 17 points) Prvs 1: Despite a struggling offense, Real Salt Lake earned a point for the first time in Dallas. Real is also the only team with only one loss, but if the ball continues to stay out of the net that trend won't continue for long. Nick Rimando's save in the 25th minute should deserve save-of-the-week honors. Next up: Seattle, Saturday.
2. Los Angeles Galaxy (6-2-5, 23 points) Prvs 2: The SuperClasico wasn't very classic, yet it was enough to continue the Galaxy's streak of four straight wins over Chivas. However, it wasn't enough to move the Galaxy up to first in these rankings. Next up: Houston, Wednesday.
3. FC Dallas (5-3-3, 18 points) Prvs 3: Dallas hasn't given up a goal in the four games since the Galaxy's Landon Donovan scored four weeks ago. The team has responded well to adversity. Since losing star player David Ferreira last month, Dallas has won four and tied twice. Next up: Seattle, Wednesday.
4. Philadelphia Union (5-3-2, 17 points) Prvs 8: The Union broke the one-goal threshold for the first time this season. If the Union continue to do so its record will improve. Teams scoring more than twice have won 72 percent of games in MLS this year. Saturday's final goal against Chicago by Carlos Ruiz was the best goal of the season, even if he admitted it was a fluke. Next up: Toronto, Saturday.
5. Portland Timbers (5-3-2, 17 points) Prvs 5: Another victory at home is nothing to complain about, but the Timbers won't be moving above the Top 5 in these rankings until a win on the road is obtained. Next up: DC United, Sunday.
6. New York Red Bulls (4-2-4, 16 points) Prvs 4: New York looked lost without Thierry Henry except for the first and last three minutes of the game. For the other 90 minutes, the Red Bulls played extremely poor soccer, both on the defensive and offensive ends. Next up: Colorado, Wednesday.
7. Seattle Sounders (4-3-5, 17 points) Prvs 5: A lucky but well executed chance gave Seattle a narrow victory over humble Kansas City, but such a victory doesn't do much to prove Seattle as an elite team. A victory over Dallas on Wednesday, however, would. Next up: Dallas, Wednesday.
8. Houston Dynamo (3-3-5, 14 points) Prvs 9: Houston played well enough to win against a Henry-lacking Bulls team, but defensive mistakes left the Dynamo missing two additional points. Brad Davis and Will Bruin are continuing to play well. Next up: Los Angeles, Wednesday.
9. Colorado Rapids (4-3-4, 16 points) Prvs 7: Conor Casey is back as a starter hoping to strike fear in the hearts of goal keepers around the league. His performance on Sunday, however, was lacking and shows that he is still a few weeks away from full form. Next up: New York, Wednesday.
10. San Jose (3-4-3, 12 points) Prvs 14: After a few pathetic weeks spent at the bottom of the league San Jose is starting to make some noise. Chris Wondolowski and Bobby Convey are both playing much better and lifting the Quakes back into relativity. Next up: Chicago, Saturday.
11. Chivas USA (3-4-3, 12 points) Prvs 11: Chivas didn't look like the same team of the past three weeks. Instead the Goats looked like the team from the first five weeks. Chivas has played a hard schedule of late with games against Los Angeles, Salt Lake and New York. In those three games the Goats were able to come away with only three points. Next up: Columbus, Saturday.
12. D.C. United (3-4-3, 12 points) Prvs 13: United is hoping that a bye week will help improve a team that has lacked consistency and has had a few minor injuries plague its roster. With rested legs DC is traveling to JEN-WELD field and could be the first team to win in Portland in MLS play. Next up: Portland, Sunday.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 96
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 62
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 31
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 27