Red roundup: Does the Mountain West Conference have shot at the BCS?
Tom Pennington, File, Associated Press
Does a diluted Mountain West Conference, void of Utah and BYU, still have a chance of earning automatic qualifying status in the BCS? CBSSports.com examines the question. To offset the loss of the Utes (Pac-12) and Cougars (independence), the MWC added Boise State this season. However, the league will lose TCU (Big East) next year.
— According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, former Ute J.J. O'Brien is weighing offers from UNLV and San Diego State.
— New Colorado football coach Jon Embree talks about his first Pac-12 meetings. Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is mentioned.
— The San Jose Mercury News takes another look at Pac-12 football and predicts the Utes can finish as high as second or as low as fifth in the Southern Division.
— And finally, ESPN.com's "Hope and Concern" series profiled the Utes last week.
Red roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 54
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 53
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48