Red roundup: Does the Mountain West Conference have shot at the BCS?
Tom Pennington, File, Associated Press
Does a diluted Mountain West Conference, void of Utah and BYU, still have a chance of earning automatic qualifying status in the BCS? CBSSports.com examines the question. To offset the loss of the Utes (Pac-12) and Cougars (independence), the MWC added Boise State this season. However, the league will lose TCU (Big East) next year.
— According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, former Ute J.J. O'Brien is weighing offers from UNLV and San Diego State.
— New Colorado football coach Jon Embree talks about his first Pac-12 meetings. Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is mentioned.
— The San Jose Mercury News takes another look at Pac-12 football and predicts the Utes can finish as high as second or as low as fifth in the Southern Division.
— And finally, ESPN.com's "Hope and Concern" series profiled the Utes last week.
Red roundup is a sampling of Utah Utes news on the Web. It is compiled each weekday.
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 111
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37