Friday truck fire closes I-80 near Coalville for an hour
, Utah Highway Patrol
COALVILLE — Westbound I-80 was shut down about 6 p.m. Friday for more than an hour after a semi caught fire.
The Utah Highway Patrol says the driver believes an electrical problem in the truck's dashboard started the fire. The driver pulled off the road and tried unsuccessfully to put the fire out, according to Trooper Steven Matthews.
There were no injuries.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Dixie State board of trustees elects new...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 25
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13