Friday truck fire closes I-80 near Coalville for an hour
, Utah Highway Patrol
COALVILLE — Westbound I-80 was shut down about 6 p.m. Friday for more than an hour after a semi caught fire.
The Utah Highway Patrol says the driver believes an electrical problem in the truck's dashboard started the fire. The driver pulled off the road and tried unsuccessfully to put the fire out, according to Trooper Steven Matthews.
There were no injuries.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9