Friday truck fire closes I-80 near Coalville for an hour
, Utah Highway Patrol
COALVILLE — Westbound I-80 was shut down about 6 p.m. Friday for more than an hour after a semi caught fire.
The Utah Highway Patrol says the driver believes an electrical problem in the truck's dashboard started the fire. The driver pulled off the road and tried unsuccessfully to put the fire out, according to Trooper Steven Matthews.
There were no injuries.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23