Mike Terry, Deseret News
Jimmer Fredette is participating in the NBA combine this weekend in Chicago, and on Day One on Thursday, Fredette attracted plenty of attention.
ESPN draft expert Chad Ford had this to say about Fredette: “He has incredible shooting range and shooting ability. He’s tough. He’s got strength. He can create space. He can get to the basket. I think he has a high basketball IQ. I think he can play point guard in the NBA ... I got to talk to both Malcolm Thomas and Kawhi Leonard (in Las Vegas). At San Diego State they played Jimmer a number of times. They also got to play UConn in the Tournament. I asked them who they would rather guard, Kemba Walker or Jimmer Fredette. They said Kemba Walker any day. If you watched what Jimmer Fredette did to San Diego State over and over again you’d understand.”
Al Fredette, Jimmer's dad, tells the New York Post that Jimmer and the New York Knicks "are a match made in heaven." The Knicks don't pick until No. 17 in the first round.
The Sacramento Kings is another team that appears to have a lot of interest in Fredette, according to the Sacramento Bee. And the Milwaukee Bucks, who have the No. 10 pick, interviewed Fredette extensively on Thursday, according to the Milwaukee Journal.
One of the knocks on Fredette's game is his defense. This blog looks at that issue.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22