Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Book of Mormon video, and another LDS rugby player's story
Powerful book: Someone you know curious about the Book of Mormon? Well, I have a wonderful new resource for you! Check out this incredible video, “Book of Mormon: An Introduction,” the newest offering from the Mormon Messages channel. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland eloquently explains and powerfully testifies about the Book of Mormon. Check it out, and send it to your friends.
Rugby player: “Ben Hannant isn't the kind of man to regret the choices he has made in his life. … He's a highly paid rugby league star who plays for a blue-chip NRL side in Brisbane, his country and in the best kind of winter, his state. At this time of year, a Queensland jersey feels like a home away from home. … Yet there is one decision in his life he would like to have again. It's one Will Hopoate, the 19-year-old Manly wunderkind seemingly set for a glittering league career, has just agonized over. And finally made.”
This from a fascinating article about another Australian rugby player and Mormon. Read all about it in “The Spiritual Road Less Travelled.”
Humanitarian Service: "On Tuesday, May 17, the Humanitarian Services missionaries handed off a 40-foot container of materials and supplies to the Guyana Relief Council to assist in their ongoing efforts to alleviate at least some of the trauma suffered by persons whose lives have been disrupted by disasters.The container was filled to capacity with clothing, shoes, hygiene kits, school supplies, baby kits, toys, household items and blankets valued at $74,219 USD donated by the Church’s Humanitarian Services. Also donated were mattresses, bedding, kitchenware and story books for the children all purchased locally and valued at another $891,580 GYD. It is estimated the contents of the container will help as many as 1,600 individuals, particularly those who have lost their homes to fire." This is just one example of how "Humanitarian Service is Goodwill for the Church" in the West Indies. Click in to read more of this missionary's report and to see pictures!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 91
- LDS Church releases video about... 44
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 27
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 16
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6