Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Book of Mormon video, and another LDS rugby player's story
Powerful book: Someone you know curious about the Book of Mormon? Well, I have a wonderful new resource for you! Check out this incredible video, “Book of Mormon: An Introduction,” the newest offering from the Mormon Messages channel. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland eloquently explains and powerfully testifies about the Book of Mormon. Check it out, and send it to your friends.
Rugby player: “Ben Hannant isn't the kind of man to regret the choices he has made in his life. … He's a highly paid rugby league star who plays for a blue-chip NRL side in Brisbane, his country and in the best kind of winter, his state. At this time of year, a Queensland jersey feels like a home away from home. … Yet there is one decision in his life he would like to have again. It's one Will Hopoate, the 19-year-old Manly wunderkind seemingly set for a glittering league career, has just agonized over. And finally made.”
This from a fascinating article about another Australian rugby player and Mormon. Read all about it in “The Spiritual Road Less Travelled.”
Humanitarian Service: "On Tuesday, May 17, the Humanitarian Services missionaries handed off a 40-foot container of materials and supplies to the Guyana Relief Council to assist in their ongoing efforts to alleviate at least some of the trauma suffered by persons whose lives have been disrupted by disasters.The container was filled to capacity with clothing, shoes, hygiene kits, school supplies, baby kits, toys, household items and blankets valued at $74,219 USD donated by the Church’s Humanitarian Services. Also donated were mattresses, bedding, kitchenware and story books for the children all purchased locally and valued at another $891,580 GYD. It is estimated the contents of the container will help as many as 1,600 individuals, particularly those who have lost their homes to fire." This is just one example of how "Humanitarian Service is Goodwill for the Church" in the West Indies. Click in to read more of this missionary's report and to see pictures!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20